Saturday, November 6, 2010

. . . . Kite In India . . . .



I left yesterday
while you were sleeping
slipped out the window
crept out between the shift change of twilight & dawns early morning
I almost didn't make it
I decided to have one last look - turned slowly-hesitatingly toward your direction - and was blinded by the medley of your moon & stars
lost in a tunnel of Time
he was cruel - as he always is towards me - your uncle
he showed me days - hours - moments - before this
echoing with you - waves of laughter - streams of pleasure - a rainfall of smiles
I left hours behind
and I am a drift now
beyond reach
beyond redemption
beyond myself - and beside myself - for leaving
but I needed - this - to float helplessly without you
at the mercy of the four winds - your four brothers
they take me higher - and higher - and higher
toward the tempest of your father - the Sun
a whirlwind of brotherhood - of family fury - of loyalty
I left only a while ago
and if you look out your window
if you look for me - in the East of your love
you will see me flutter - you will see me fail
you will see me falling - falling for you
I am that little dash of color - that once was the spice in your life
and now I am that little "kite in India" - (your ageless mother)
like Icarus falling - wings melting - into the sunset of your love . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment